Toll Free

We Approach Every Case with Knowledge and Confidence

June 2018 Archives

Understanding the income shares model

Are you the parent of a minor child or children in Pennsylvania who is getting divorced? Maybe you have never been married to your child's other parent. In either situation, one fact is true and that is the fact that both parents have a financial responsibility to their child. If you are raising your child and interested in seeking child support from the other parent, it will be important for you to understand how these awards are determined.

Why should I consider a prenuptial agreement?

As unromantic as it sounds, marriage is a contractual relationship between two people. Once you become legally married, you and your new spouse are now a legal unit. Considering that financial issues are one of the top drivers of divorce, it makes sense to consider whether you need one. It also provides the opportunity for you and your future spouse to sit down and discuss serious issues together. 

Is it ok to use social media when getting divorced?

For many people in Pennsylvania, social media is part and parcel of everyday life. In the past decade, it has become an integral means of staying in touch with friends and family members and sharing important life events and milestones. However, if you are in the midst of a divorce or are contemplating getting divorced, you might want to think twice before you make a post on your favorite social platform.

The importance of documentation in a divorce

Even if you and your spouse have decided jointly that you can no longer remain married, you might not expect that they would misrepresent your assets during a divorce. While your spouse might not necessarily do anything illegal it is not uncommon for divorcing partners to fight hard to keep as much as they can from a marital estate and this effort may push the boundaries of what some believe is fair or even ethical. 

Understanding the Acknowledgement of Paternity

If you are an unmarried woman in Pennsylvania who is pregnant or recently had a baby, you may want to know how you can legally establish the paternity of your child in part so that your child may receive child support from the father. If you are the father of a baby but are not married to the mother, you may want to ensure your paternity is legally established so that you may enjoy your full parental rights and help to raise your child.

Berks County bar Association Badge Avvo Rating Badge Avvo Rating Badge Pennsylvania Bar Association

How Can We Help You

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Keep In Touch

Palange, Endres & Marks, P.C.
720 Centre Avenue
Reading, PA 19601

Phone 610-674-0712
Toll Free 800-634-1983
Fax 610-685-9963

Map & Directions